Beginning this week (June 15-21), ladies will be gathering in homes, coffee shops & restaurants all over our community to take a look at some of the good things that can become “false gods/idols” in our lives and ultimately cheat us of an intimate relationship with God.
Kelly Minter, in her Bible study ‘No Other Gods’, says it like this, ‘Discover the freedom in surrender….the healing in worship….and the joy found in exchanging everyday gods for the One true God’.
We are excited about the opportunity our women have to join together and encourage one another in the Lord. With 110 women signed up, we know this desire is in the hearts of our ladies too! God created us for community and He also created us to be drawn into communion with Him. I pray this summer you will draw closer to Him.
If you desire to take ownership of your spiritual formation and are searching for ways to do this, here are a few resources for you:
- If you have a smart phone or reader, download the ‘You Version Bible App’. It is a great resource that will give you a verse for the day and offers various devotional plans to choose from.
- Another option to grow in the Word is to choose a book of the Bible to read throughout the summer. If you are new to God’s Word, a great place to start is the book of Mark. It is full of life changing stories of Jesus’ life and ministry.
Here are a few great questions to guide you as you read through the Bible:
- What is the ‘Key Verse” (what is the author intending to say)?
- What are some problems or questions that I have?
- What are some promises of God?
- What is an application to my life?
There are several devotionals you can resource and one in particular is entitled ‘Jesus Calling’ by missionary Sarah Young. It has been very impactful in the lives of many women. Her writings are personal reflections of what she believed God was saying to her throughout her every day joys and trials. You may download this devotion as an App or find it in a hard book form at your local Christian book store.
Additional devotional references to choose:
‘One Thousand Gifts Devotional: Reflections on Finding Everyday Graces”, by Ann Voskamp
‘Praying God’s Word Day By Day: A Year of Devotional Prayer’, by Beth Moore
As you invest this summer in your relationship with God, I am assured He will bring about transforming growth in you. Keep drawing near to God and He will draw near to you!