We are so excited to announce that Lindsey Neely will be joining us, August 10, as our new KidzView Director! Lindsey is a graduate of Ozark Christian College. She has interned at Canyon Ridge Christian Church in Las Vegas, Nevada, worked with “at-risk” youth at Camp War Eagle, led the Children’s Ministry in Oswego, Kansas, and is currently working in the children’s ministry department at Countryside Christian Church in Wichita, Kansas.
Lindsey’s main role will be to lead the children and volunteers in KidzView, our ministry to kids from Kindergarten through 5th grade. As you well know, we’ve experienced a lot of growth in that department, so much that we really needed to add another full-time staff person to focus on this great department. Lindsey is who we believe God is calling to this important role.
Beginning a new ministry at a new church is not easy. Lindsey will be busy figuring out Dallas: why certain streets and highways are called 3 different names, figuring out how to drive on ice, which college team to cheer for, and how to stay cool in the summer. She’ll be meeting lots of new people, while also trying to make friends to encourage her. Would you please make a special effort to welcome her and let her know that you will support her? Here are some practical ways to do that:
- Attend the “Meet ‘n Greet”, August 13, 7-8:15pm, in the KidzView area.
- Invite her to lunch or to dinner.
- Invite her to celebrate holidays and/or special events with you and your family.
- Send her a card in the mail or an e-mail welcoming her, email@example.com.
- Periodically check in on her to see how she is doing and if she needs anything.
- Ask her how you can be praying for her and then really pray for her.
I’m sure you can think of more ideas and ways to welcome her. Valley View is known for our friendliness. I know that our Valley View family will rise to the occasion and show Lindsey that same friendliness and support.