Here’s what you’ve been dying to know about your Year End Charitable Contributions at Valley View!
- In order for a donation to qualify as a charitable contribution for 2014, the contribution must be made by December 31, 2014.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by December 31, 2014.
- If you wish to drop off a donation to the church office, please note that the offices will be closed on December 30th and 31st.
- Checks received in the church offering on or after January 1, 2015, will not qualify for a 2014 deduction – even if the check is pre-dated in 2014.
- Before filing your income tax, you must have a contribution statement that you have obtained from the church website substantiating any single gift of $250 or more.
- The IRS accepts your cancelled checks as substantiation for gifts less than $250.
- Cash gifts must be substantiated by the church’s contribution statement.
- Charitable contribution statements can be obtained via the church website.
Not sure how to get your statements from the website? Simply log into My VVCC and click on My Giving History. A link will appear to create a PDF Tax Statement by January 31st. If that link has not appeared, your statement is not yet ready to be viewed or printed.
Thank you for contributing to the work of God’s Kingdom here at Valley View! Your finances are an investment in eternity. We are grateful for you!