We are very excited about Parent Summit 2016! One of the core values at Valley View Christian Church is to “Strengthen the Faith of Our Families and Future Generations.” We recognize that we must combine the influence of the Church and the Family for maximum impact into our children’s lives. Parent Summit is a one-day conference event to accomplish that goal by giving parents and grandparents resources and wisdom to effectively raise their children to know the Lord and deal with everyday issues and problems. Parent Summit will be held Saturday, January 23 from 8:30 am to 3:00pm.
This year our main speaker is Brian Jennings, the Senior Minister at Highland Park Christian Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Brian and Beth have 2 boys and 2 girls, all under the age of 13. Brian also serves on the Board of Trustees for Blackbox International, which provides aftercare for boys who are victims of sex trafficking. Brian recently published his first book, entitled “Lead Your Family”, a book that you will receive when you come to Parent Summit. Click here for Brian’s blog.
We’re also very excited about the electives that will be offered during this one-day conference event! Here are the electives that will be offered at Parent Summit 2016:
- “The Dad Life“, a special round table conversation about all things Dad.
- “5 Love Languages for Kids“, a class designed to help parents understand their children’s unique ways of receiving love and expressing theirs.
- “Taming the Calendar Beast: Managing Family Schedules“, practical insights about balancing activities and spiritual life as a family.
- “Raising Kids with Purpose“, a class designed to challenge and encourage parents to begin with the end in mind while raising their kids.
- Two different family counselors will be leading classes for the stressed out and depressed parent, as well as wisdom in recognizing and dealing with children who are depressed, angry, bullied and other issues.
Throughout the day we will have lots of give-aways, prizes, practical wisdom, and fun!
The cost for the event is $30 per couple or $15 per individual. Cost includes childcare for children up to 5th grade (if you have a Middle Schooler that you need to be taken care of, let us know and we can help make arrangements), a meal for adults and children, and Brian Jennings’ book, “Lead Your Family”.
Take advantage of this great opportunity to strengthen your family! Click here to register today!!!